The Company is the sole owner of all information collected on the Site. We collect information from our Users at several different points and in several ways on the Site:
- Registration – In order to use portions of the Site, a User must first complete a registration form that includes contact information. This information may be used to send the User information about the Site and/or the Services. This information will not be sold or disseminated to any third parties except as may be necessary to operate the Site and/or to provide or enhance the Services.
- Order forms – In some portions of the Site, the User may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, and billing address) via an order form. This information is used only for billing purposes and to fill Users’ orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information maybe used to contact the User. Credit card processing is managed by Authorize.Net, a leading provider of payment gateway services since 1996.
- Surveys – We may from time to time request information from Users on the Site via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. The User is not required to participate or disclose any information. We may use a third party to conduct these surveys.
- Cookies – A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are temporary files, deleted when the User closes his browser, that are used to ease the User's navigation of the site, for instance by remembering what pages have been viewed or what parts of a form have been completed. Persistent cookies are small files stored on the User's hard drive for extended periods of time, which are used by the Company to identify returning Users to the Site, and to speed up the login process for these Users. Persistent cookies can be deleted by following the instructions in your Internet browser software.
- Third-Party Advertisers – From time to time, ads may appear on the Site which are delivered to you by a third-party advertiser. Information about your visits to the Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, may be aggregated and used to serve ads to you. In the course of serving advertising on the Site, a third-party advertiser may also place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
- Log Files – Like most standard website servers, we use log files. These include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track User’s movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Such data is not linked to your personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze User movement.
Communications from Bitedowndeals.com
- Customer Service – We communicate with Users on a regular basis, including by email, regarding issues relating to Users’ accounts and to generally provide the Services.
Sharing of Information
We do not share any User’s information with any third parties, except in the following cases:
- The User has authorized us to do so.
- We are required by law to do so.
- In the aggregate to third-party advertisers and partners.
- To provide services such as credit card processing.
The Site may contain links to other websites for which we are not responsible. Thus we cannot vouch for the privacy policies of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these other websites carefully.
The Company takes precautions to protect Users’ information both online and offline. When our registration/order form asks Users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is protected by encryption software.
In the event the Company goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of its assets, Users’ information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Users who no longer wish to receive information about special offers, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an applicable email.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us